Virginia swimming pool contractors offer a five point checklist
Swimming pools are becoming more of a part of daily life than they ever were in the past. Swimming pool contractors are finding their schedules are filling up for more months of the year with both construction projects and with taking on the maintenance and upkeep of swimming pools for new owners. If you’ve decided you want to have your own swimming pool and are in the beginning stages of researching a swimming pool builder in Virginia to undertake the project, you already understand that a swimming pool is a major investment in time and money and you need to make certain you have hired the best, most qualified contractor.
Because the undertaking of a swimming pool project is a major one, Town and Country Pools swimming pool contractors offer these tips for you to consider before you sign on the dotted line with a pool builder:
- Experience: Has your potential pool builder been in business long? Have you seen samples of the type of work he has performed in the past? Does he keep up on the pool trends in both construction as well as energy efficient construction and equipment?
- Client satisfaction: What is the pool builder’s reputation in the community and in the pool industry? Ask for references from former and current clients. Check online sites to see if there are any reviews of his company’s work. Are there any Better Business Bureau complaints or testimonials?
- Ongoing maintenance: What “service after the sale” does he offer. Will he also be available for pool service and maintenance? What warranty and guarantees does he provide? You don’t want a pool contractor that will visit you, build the pool then vanish into the night.
- Do you understand the contract? How thorough is the contract you’re asked to sign? Does it clearly lay out exactly what you’re paying for, what could cost additional money and how long the project will take? Does it outline the warranty information on both the pool structure and the equipment? Does it explain the type of insurance the contractor carries?
- Follow-up contact: Once the project is over, will he be available if you run into any questions or concerns? What does he charge if you need additional help after the project is over?
Questions will mount before, during and after a pool project decision making process and a good pool builder will take the time to make sure you are comfortable with the process and will answer your questions thoroughly and with good humor!
Featured Inground Pool Projects
Town & Country Pools is a premier inground swimming pool installer specializing in custom inground pool, hot tub, and infinity edge swimming pool designs. Town & Country pools is Maryland, Northern Virginia, & Washington DC's premier luxury inground pool builder.