Town & Country Pools, serving DC. Maryland & Virginia share 5 pool renovation project ideas
Should I renovate my swimming pool? This will be a question you will ask yourself after you’ve been a pool owner. The reasons for a renovation are as varied as the individuals who own swimming pools. You may want to undertake a pool renovation as part of a landscaping project or if you’re remodeling or having new construction on your home.
The swimming pool contractors from Town & Country Pools say you don’t have to wait for a “major” event or a major renovation project on your home or yard to consider a pool renovation project.
Should I renovate my swimming pool?
Talk with your pool contractor about the budget you have for the project, what you hope to accomplish and gather his thoughts on what makes sense or what might be a necessity as part of a renovation of your swimming pool. Here are ideas to consider:
- Swimming pool lighting enhances the safety of the swimming pool, especially if you swim at night. It also adds to the ambiance of your outdoor living space.
- Add a pool house or gazebo as these structures can serve as a basic pool changing area, for storage or as additional living space.
- Water features lend to the beauty and uniqueness of your swimming pool and the addition of a fountain or a rock waterfall adds a touch of elegance.
- New pool tiles, a new liner or an acid wash of the pool plaster will breathe new life into your pool.
- Want to extend the pool season? Add a pool heater.
- Want to cut back on the amount of chemicals you use? Add a salt water chlorination system.
- Is your equipment outdated and costing you a lot of money to operate? Invest in newer, energy efficient models.
Look at your budget. Talk with your pool contractor to uncover must-do items and add in your want-to-do items and kick off your pool renovation project.