Town & Country Pool Builders, serving the DC, Maryland & Virginia areas, offer tips for choosing a pool builder
A pool project is the realization of a lifelong dream for many individuals. Because of that you need to take your time, do your homework and hire a quality swimming pool contractor. Where do you begin, though? Talk to friends and family first — word of mouth is always the best referral — if you don’t have friends with whom to confer, start with an internet search for pool builders in the DC, Maryland or Virginia area that serve your area.
You need to find a pool contractor that will afford you the best pool you can buy on your budget and offer it with professionalism and integrity. Here are a few basics of what to look for:
- Find one who can deliver what you want — in terms of style, design and time frame of construction
- Your potential contractor should have a portfolio of work performed so you can see if his style matches with what you want in your project
- The pool contractor should have years of experience
- Ask for former clients that you can speak with
- He should be willing to come to your home to survey your landscape and help you determine the size and style of pool that might be an ideal fit
- The contractor should be licensed and insured
- He should also be able to walk you through the steps that go into obtaining pool building permits
- Check the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any complaints again the company
- A professional contractor, that you can trust will never require you to pay the full price of the pool up front
- Your pool contractor should be have a plan in place to notify you of potential delays or other project issues
Because a swimming pool is such a major investment you will need to perform due diligence before signing any contracts.