What should you have in your swimming pool? Town & Country Pool Builders explain
Are there “must haves” for a swimming pool project? The answer is yes… and no. Why? Because what one family considers a must have may not be a must have for another family. When you’re talking with your swimming pool contractor from Town & Country Pool Builders you will want to answer the question, what should you have in your swimming pool. With this in mind, you need to know how your family plans to use the pool, how many people will be using it and what your ultimate goal is for the swimming pool project.
What should you have in your swimming pool
- Do your must-haves include fun items like a diving board, slide, sun shelf, fountain or rock waterfall? Are you looking for ways to make pool upkeep and maintenance easier and that means your must haves include items like an in floor vacuum, robotic vacuum, automatic chlorine dispenser or an automatic pool cover or even remote controlled LED lighting.
- Depending on where you live, a pool water heater may be a must have. There are various styles, understand the nuances of each before making a decision.
- The pool material you choose is one of those other must have items. Will you choose fiberglass, concrete or vinyl? Each type of pool construction material brings with it different price points and care routines.
- The pool cover, whether your must have includes an automatic cover lifer, should be considered a necessity. Budget for this up front. A cover saves money and cuts back on evaporation and provides an additional layer of safety.
- Don’t forget to look at and budget for your outdoor living space and deck area.
Consider all of the features you’d like to have in your pool, check the prices and see if they are in the budget for the project.