Town and Country Pool contractors, serving DC, Maryland & Virginia offer hot tub & spa buying tips
Natural Gas Hot Tubs
Natural gas hot tubs can be used year round, but they seem to see more “action” in the colder months. It is an ideal spot to spend time after a long day at work out in the cold or if you just want to take the chill out of your bones and muscles on a cold, snowy day. If your family loves spending time together in the swimming pool in the summer, transitioning to a natural gas hot tub or spa in the off swimming months may be a natural progression the swimming pool and hot tub contractors from Town and Country Pools explain. Whether you are interested in natural gas hot tubs or spas for their therapeutic attributes or solely for fun, there are a few things to consider.
- Natural gas hot tubs and spas can be a beautiful accessory to any backyard or deck, in addition to offering healthy comforts.
- From traditionally designed wooden barrel-shaped hot tubs to fiberglass models, they come in myriad shapes and sizes and seat upwards of 12 people.
- Regardless of the style you choose, the water has to be treated and cared for just as your swimming pool does. The water needs to be circulated, filtered and treated in addition to being heated.
- The location of your hot tub or spa will be a consideration. Is there a secluded area of your yard where it would fit in perfectly? Do you have a deck that you want it installed on? Wherever you situate your hot tub, you have to take into consideration the plumbing and electric set up for it. Hot tubs can be heated by natural gas, electricity or propane.
- Before shopping for your hot tub, you need to know how much you can afford to spend on the purchase and on the ongoing maintenance. You don’t want to skimp on quality because your hot tub is made to be a long-term investment for your family.
- How many people will use the hot tub regularly?
- Will you use the hot tub for relaxation, exercise or a bit of both? If you want the hot tub for therapeutic reasons, make sure you purchase hot tub jets that will address your particular needs.
- Will you need handlebars for support while getting in and out of the hot tub?
- Do you want padded or fiberglass benches?
- If the hot tub will be an entertainment hot spot, you might want to add a television, stereo, heated towel racks or other amenities.
Natural gas hot tubs or spas are a great addition to any backyard and lifestyle. Have fun shopping and enjoy your spa experience!
Disclaimer: Town and Country Pools only installs permanent structured hot tubs and spas. They do not install any type of portable hot tubs.