Should I get an in ground swimming pool?
Town & Country Pool Builders answer the “should I get an in ground swimming pool?” question
The swimming pool contractors from Town & Country Pools understand that making the investment in an in ground swimming pool is a MAJOR investment and because of that, it is not a decision that can be undertaken lightly. After you’ve put your budget together — or maybe even before you’ve put your budget together — you need to understand the deep down reasons you want to become a swimming pool owner. Yes, swimming is fun. Yes, it’s great exercise. Yes, a pool will add to the value of your home. There are myriad reasons you may want a swimming pool, but ask yourself these questions.
- Do we NEED a pool? “Need” may be a strong word, but you may decide that yes, you do NEED it. Why? It’s a great investment. You’ve been saving for one for years. Your family enjoys staycations and your own pool would make those even more enjoyable. You want to get in shape. You want to entertain friends and family. Whatever your reasons, write them down — all of them as they will help you make your final decision.
- How will you use your pool? Will you use it for fun and games with the kids? For entertaining business colleagues? Swimming laps? A combination of all of those? Knowing how you will use the pool will help you choose the best pool design to suit your unique needs.
- Do you love your landscaping? If you have a tree or garden that you love and can’t bring yourself to excavate to accommodate a swimming pool, will you want a free-form pool that will curve gently around them? Understanding what you simply can’t give up will help you determine the type, style and shape of pool you ultimately get.
- Where will you spend time when you’re not in the pool? Don’t forget to consider your outdoor living space as part of the overall pool project because you won’t spend all of your time in the water. You want to make certain the space surrounding the pool is welcoming and relaxing.
- What accessories do you want in your in ground swimming pool? Do you want a beach entry? A diving board? A slide? A hot tub? Sun shelves? There are many other options from which to choose and understanding what you’d like will help when you’re meeting with a pool contractor so he can fully understand the scope of the pool project you’re seeking.
This is a very short list of items to consider when you’re making your wish list for becoming a pool owner this year. What are you waiting for!?
Featured Inground Pool Projects
Town & Country Pools is a premier inground swimming pool installer specializing in custom inground pool, hot tub, and infinity edge swimming pool designs. Town & Country pools is Maryland, Northern Virginia, & Washington DC's premier luxury inground pool builder.