Town & Country Pool Builders offer ideas on ways to extend your swimming pool season
Snow may not be flying, but it may be a bit too chilly for you to think about jumping into the swimming pool and having a pool party, but even if your pool is closed you could still entertain friends and family pool side. The swimming pool contractors from Town & Country Pool Builders offer ways to extend the time in your outdoor living space and even in the pool itself.
If you’re not quite yet ready to say good bye to outdoor living in your back yard, here are some tips to extend your pool side time:
- Outdoor heaters — like those seen on patios at restaurants and hotels are handy devices that come in many styles. They typically operate on kerosene or propane and burn cleanly enough that there is no smell of fuel. An outdoor heater will take the chill off the outdoor air and warm up the space you’ve designated. Know how large of a space you want to heat before you invest in the units to assure you’re going to be warm enough.
- Fire features — from a fire pit to a fireplace are ideal and perform double — or triple — duty. They are beautiful, add warmth and depending on the kind of fire feature you invest in you can cook foods over them. When you choose the construction material for your fire feature make certain you plan for an area around the fire place or fire pit that will have fireproof material placed around it in the event errant sparks emerge.
- Outdoor lighting may not add to the warmth of your outdoor area, but it can certainly add to the ambiance. Consider LED lighting as these are the most energy efficient and long-burning.
- Having a gazebo or pool house constructed is the ideal space to spend time poolside even if the pool is closed for the season. You can host a poolside holiday party and stay warm inside your pool house or gazebo.
- If you have a swimming pool heater you could still swim for a longer period of time annually. Consider poolside towel heaters and fire features or an outdoor heater to help keep the area even warmer.
Talk with us if you’re interested in extending the time spent around your pool – or even in your pool!