Design your swimming pool with tips from Town & Country Pool builders.
There are so many options available how do you design your swimming pool? Do you stick with traditional styles? Do you design a pool that reflects your unique style? Do you invest in a vanishing edge pool because you have a yard with a view?
These and many other questions can be answered by spending time with your swimming pool contractor from Town & Country Pools. It can be mind-boggling when faced with the designing of your swimming pool, in addition to needing to choose equipment and accessories.
Deciding means making decisions on the building material, size, the colors of the liner and kind of deck. You need to envision what the backyard will look like once the pool project is completed as it will become the focal point of the landscape.
Design your swimming pool
Virginia swimming pool builders say the design phase is one of the most exciting parts of the process:
- Flip through architecture, interior design or travel magazines for inspiration for it. Ask your potential pool builder for photos of work they’ve completed. Browse the internet for pool builders to see if they have any galleries of designs that catch your eye. You don’t have to necessarily look at local pool builders, you can look nationwide and then find a local pool builder to see if he or she can duplicate the design you found.
- The construction materials you choose for your deck will also lend to the backyard decor and the overall look and feel of your swimming pool. If you find a pool deck design that you like but the colors are simply too “loud” for your tastes ask to see what that design might look like in more muted colors.
- Attend real estate open houses to find inspiration from the swimming pools at those houses.
- Ask contractors for photos of projects they’ve completed.
- What kind of accessories do you want in your pool? A diving board? Slide? Fountain? Rock waterfall? A hot tub or spa? Beach entry? Consider these during your research and when you talk with your pool contractor.
Let your imagination run wild in the design phase. You may need to rein it in when you put your budget together, but explore everything in the beginning and narrow the project down later. Have your budget in place when you meet with the pool builder; he can tell you whether your budget will fit into the ideas you’re presenting and can work with you on ways to stay within your budget but still get the pool of your dreams.