What does it cost to own a swimming pool?
Maryland, DC & Virginia swimming pool contractors explain swimming pool costs
What will it cost to be a swimming pool owner? How much does it cost to have a swimming pool constructed? What will the ongoing costs of swimming pool ownership, upkeep, maintenance and increases in utility bills be? The answer, the swimming pool contractors from Town & Country Pools explain is, “it all depends.”
There are myriad factors to calculate for the price of a swimming pool construction project and they include:
- The landscape and physical environment in which the pool will be situated and whether a lot of work needs to be done to prepare the land for the project
- The size of the pool
- The complexity of the pool design
- The accessories you want included
- The construction material itself — fiberglass, vinyl liner or gunite aka concrete
- The depth and width of the pool
- The coping and decking material
- The equipment you will have installed
If you’re in the midst of your pool investigation process, your best bet is to have a budget in mind for your pool project, talk with your pool contractor and let him help you determine what you can get for what you have budgeted.