Swimming pool party planning tips
Town & Country Pool Builders, serving Maryland, DC & Virginia, offer pool party tips
Do you want to throw a pool party that will be the talk of the season? The swimming pool contractors from Town & Country Pools – while they’re not party planners! — do work with their customers to make certain the pools are party ready beforehand and help with pool maintenance and chemical balancing once the festivities are over!
Here are some tips you can use the next time you’re planning or pondering about hosting a swimming pool party for friends and family:
- Choose a date and time for the party. It’s always good to have an alternate date in mind or an indoor location in case of inclement weather.
- Plan your party theme.
- The invitations to your party can mirror the theme. For example, if it’s a simple “pool party” you could write the invitations on a flip flop and give your guest its mate at the party! Flip flops are always welcome for walking around the yard and the deck!
- Choose a menu that matches your theme. If your guests offer to bring a dish to pass say “yes” and give them some suggestions based on your menu.
- String a clothesline so your guests can drape wet towels over the line between dips in the pool. Also, have additional towels on hand.
- Keep sunblock handy. You don’t want anyone to leave your party with a painful sunburn!
- Plan in-pool and out of pool games for all of your guests.
- Have safety devices such as telescoping poles, a poolside telephone, life jackets and someone who knows CPR if possible.
- Keep umbrellas and folding chairs available for those times when your guests want to get out of the sun and simply relax poolside.
- Have fun!!!
It may be wise to schedule your pool contractor for an additional pool cleaning visit after the party because a poolful of people could lead to chemical imbalances. Enjoy the day safely!