Organize your backyard and your home for 2015
Town & Country Pool Builders, serving DC, Maryland & Virginia offer home organization tips
This is the perfect time of year to put together a plan for organizing both your home and your backyard (and that includes your swimming pool). The swimming pool contractors from Town & Country Pool Builders understand that organizing your home could potentially lead to more time spent in the family swimming pool!
Here are some things you can do to organize for the new year:
- Clean your closets. Donate clothes that don’t fit. Look for your summer clothing and your bathing suits – summer swim time will be here before you know it!
- Inventory your belongings. It’s easier to collect on a claim for a lost, stolen or damaged item if you have a photo of it.
- Inventory your outdoor living area – the pool equipment and your pool furniture and accessories.
- Contract with a pool service provider for the pool’s maintenance and upkeep. You will usually get a better price if you sign up for the season.
- Test and replace batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. If you have any floating alarms in your pool, check those batteries as well. Don’t forget to check the battery in your pet collar if you have one that activates if it gets wet.
- List the home maintenance items you want to complete this year. This list should encompass your swimming pool especially if you’re in the market for a pool renovation or upgrade. Ask your pool contractor whether he feels your equipment needs replacing or upgrading or talk about items that might benefit from an update.
- Double check your safety items around the swimming pool. Check that it is all in place and in good condition. Make certain someone in the house who can perform CPR – this is a good idea whether you have a pool or not.
Talk with your pool contractor, prior to the season getting underway, to see if he feels there are items that should be addressed with your swimming pool or its equipment before the season gets underway.