How to choose a pool builder
Town & Country Pool Builders, serving the DC, Maryland & Virginia areas, offer tips for choosing a pool builder
A pool project is the realization of a lifelong dream for many individuals. Because of that you need to take your time, do your homework and hire a quality swimming pool contractor. Where do you begin, though? Talk to friends and family first — word of mouth is always the best referral — if you don’t have friends with whom to confer, start with an internet search for pool builders in the DC, Maryland or Virginia area that serve your area.
- Find one who can deliver what you want — in terms of style, design and time frame of construction
- Your potential contractor should have a portfolio of work performed so you can see if his style matches with what you want in your project
- The pool contractor should have years of experience
- Ask for former clients that you can speak with
- He should be willing to come to your home to survey your landscape and help you determine the size and style of pool that might be an ideal fit
- The contractor should be licensed and insured
- He should also be able to walk you through the steps that go into obtaining pool building permits
- Check the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any complaints again the company
- A professional contractor, that you can trust will never require you to pay the full price of the pool up front
- Your pool contractor should be have a plan in place to notify you of potential delays or other project issues
Because a swimming pool is such a major investment you will need to perform due diligence before signing any contracts.