Monthly Archives: November 2015
Town & Country Pool Builders, serving DC, Maryland & Virginia offer pool design tips
Designing a swimming pool is a part of the process that can either be overwhelming or thrilling — depending on how much research you’ve done, how well you know yourself and your family’s needs and wants for the family pool and what your budget is for the project. Don’t let the fear of “what will go into my pool?” or “how should it be designed” keep you from moving forward with the dream of pool ownership. Work with the swimming pool contractors from Town & Country to get the pool of your dreams.
Here are a few items to talk with your pool contractor about and a brief checklist to steer you down the correct path for your pool design:
- What size and shape do you think you want? Chances are you know if you want a rectangle, a free form pool, a lap pool or other. You will also need to decide, though, where the pool will sit and how it will impact or fit in with your current landscaping.
- Do you want to devote your entire yard to the pool or would a lap pool fit into your lifestyle better?
- Do you know whether you want a vinyl liner pool, a fiberglass pool or a concrete pool? Each pool brings with it its unique style and flair and price point and flexibility in design.
- Will the pool complement your house and its design and color or will it be a separate entity entirely?
- Consider the pool accessories you will want. A diving board? Slide? Built in hot tub or spa? Sun shelves or others. Don’t forget that you will want to have a swimming pool cover and those come in myriad shapes and styles.
- Don’t forget that the equipment you have installed in your swimming pool project will help it operate efficiently and help keep it clean so you don’t want to skimp.
Knowing what you will use the swimming pool for and what styles appeal to you the most will help when you talk with your pool contractor and begin your project.
Town & Country Pool Builders, serving Virginia, Maryland & DC offer top ten checklist for 2016 pool ownership
2016 is coming more quickly than you can imagine and when you’re planning to be a swimming pool owner in 2016, there is no time like the present to begin researching and talking with a pool contractor about your family’s pool project. The swimming pool builders from Town & Country Pools, serving the Maryland and Virginia areas, say this is the ideal time of year to consider your swimming pool project because pool contractors are in a typical slow season and if you start now, you will have a fully functional pool ready when summer makes it way to our area next year.
The swimming pool contractors from Town & Country have put together this check list of reasons why your family might want to own a pool (feel free to add your own reasons!):
- Unlike many gifts you give your family, a swimming pool will continue to give for the decades that you own it. A swimming pool is a great place to continually build family memories.
- You need and want time to relax and you know that swimming is a great way to get that relaxation. With your own pool you won’t have to fight the crowds to get to a crowded beach.
- Owning a swimming pool gives you a great place to simply sit outside and sip an adult beverage and read a book and enjoy nature.
- It’s a great place to get a tan. While we recommend using sunblock, there are those sun worshipers who cannot get enough of a golden brown tan and having your own pool gives you a place to get one.
- There’s nothing like a quick dip in the pool when you get home from work and before you begin cooking dinner. Swimming laps is a great way to get in shape and work off the stresses of the day.
- You have an idea in your mind of the perfect pool and cannot wait to work with your pool builder to make it a reality. You will find your dream pool will become the focal point of your life.
- Get in shape in a way that won’t put any stress on your bones and joints. Swimming with the kids is just fun and they will get in shape without even realizing it!
- Your pool will help you to show off your own unique fashion style.
- It’s a great place to relax and entertain. With a pool you have the elements of a ready-made party.
- Upgrade and update your current pool. If you already have a pool but are looking to upgrade, add an outdoor kitchen or a pool cabana or a gazebo or a hot tub or spa in one end of the pool.
Now is the perfect time to begin the discussions with us to help you realize the pool of your dreams.
Town & Country Pool Builders offer ideas on ways to extend your swimming pool season
Snow may not be flying, but it may be a bit too chilly for you to think about jumping into the swimming pool and having a pool party, but even if your pool is closed you could still entertain friends and family pool side. The swimming pool contractors from Town & Country Pool Builders offer ways to extend the time in your outdoor living space and even in the pool itself.
If you’re not quite yet ready to say good bye to outdoor living in your back yard, here are some tips to extend your pool side time:
- Outdoor heaters — like those seen on patios at restaurants and hotels are handy devices that come in many styles. They typically operate on kerosene or propane and burn cleanly enough that there is no smell of fuel. An outdoor heater will take the chill off the outdoor air and warm up the space you’ve designated. Know how large of a space you want to heat before you invest in the units to assure you’re going to be warm enough.
- Fire features — from a fire pit to a fireplace are ideal and perform double — or triple — duty. They are beautiful, add warmth and depending on the kind of fire feature you invest in you can cook foods over them. When you choose the construction material for your fire feature make certain you plan for an area around the fire place or fire pit that will have fireproof material placed around it in the event errant sparks emerge.
- Outdoor lighting may not add to the warmth of your outdoor area, but it can certainly add to the ambiance. Consider LED lighting as these are the most energy efficient and long-burning.
- Having a gazebo or pool house constructed is the ideal space to spend time poolside even if the pool is closed for the season. You can host a poolside holiday party and stay warm inside your pool house or gazebo.
- If you have a swimming pool heater you could still swim for a longer period of time annually. Consider poolside towel heaters and fire features or an outdoor heater to help keep the area even warmer.
Talk with us if you’re interested in extending the time spent around your pool – or even in your pool!
Town & Country Pool Builders, serving Maryland, DC & Virginia offer pool upgrade ideas
If you’re undertaking a home improvement project you may want to look to the backyard and consider a swimming pool upgrade or renovation project. There are many things that can be done to revamp and breathe new life into your swimming pool. Water accessories are beautiful and functional and here are a few that the swimming pool contractors from Town & Country Pools say you may want to consider:
- There are many reasons you may want a fountain or a rock waterfall or hidden grotto. They are unique and add aesthetic beauty. Relax deckside and listen to the water. Stress relief and beauty in one water feature.
- Deck jets, or a water slide or even a bubbling feature (think hot tub jets).
- A fountain or rock waterfall, will make your swimming pool the focal point. Whether you incorporate cascading water feature or a fountain to your pool, you are bring a more interesting look to your space. If you do a lot of entertaining in your backyard the addition of water features will amp up the beauty of the swimming pool. Children love playing in and around water features.
Put together a budget for the project. You may find it best to work with the swimming pool builder that originally installed your swimming pool as they know and understand the project.