Monthly Archives: December 2013
Swim lessons for many children are part of physical education classes in school or learned while swimming in the family pool or at a friend’s home. For adults, though, there are still some who cannot swim and who simply haven’t had the opportunity. If you’re a homeowner and are considering the installation of a swimming pool in Virginia, pool contractors understand that it may be a bit daunting for adults to learn to swim, however, it can be done! With time and a bit of effort, even adults can learn to swim and can then pass the love of swimming along to their children.
As an adult who wants to learn to swim, you can sign up for classes at the local YMCA or YWCA or even a local high school that has a swimming pool. There are instructors that can teach individuals of all ages and all skill levels. If you’re not in the market for taking a group swimming class and want to learn in the privacy of your own swimming pool in your own backyard, you can hire an instructor to come out and teach you. You will want to either observe the instructor or meet with him or her prior to the class to make certain there is a good rapport between the two of you as it will make learning to swim much easier if you’re taking lessons from someone you feel comfortable with. Talk with your swimming pool builder from Town & Country Pools for information and insight on who you might work with for swim lessons.
As a beginning swimmer you will start your lessons in the shallow end of the pool which should take away any fear of water you may have. Your instructor will teach you how to breathe in the water, how to move through the water and a respect of the water. In your swimming lesson you should be prepared for a session in which you will learn to become comfortable with putting your face in the water, holding your breathe and then going back under again.
As the lessons progress, you will learn to bob underwater, do front and back floats and eventually move up to more advanced swim strokes. Before you learn swim strokes the instructor will lead the class into deeper water to teach you how to move around and maintain your balance in the water, along with this will likely come a lesson on treading water. When you’re learning to float on your stomach the instructor will either have the students hang onto the side of the swimming pool or use a kickboard to help them stay afloat.
When you’re first learning to swim it’s essential that you practice several times a week. Try to block out time when you can devote yourself to 30-minute sessions as a way to both build endurance and practice kicking and swim strokes. In no time you’ll learn to enjoy yourself in the water so you can swim and play with your children in the comfort of your own pool. Regardless of the level of swimming knowledge and experience, swimming pool rules and safety measures should be put in place with the biggest measure being — never swim alone. Always keep pool safety devices pool side in the event anyone runs into issues while in the water.
Did your home come with a swimming pool or have you had one for a while and now you’ve decided it’s ready to upgrade and update it? As with anything in your home — whether it’s a bathroom, kitchen or your swimming pool and outdoor living space, there will come a time when you will want to undertake a renovation project to breathe new life back into the structure and revamp existing items. If you feel this is the year to do that, talk with swimming pool renovation contractors in Maryland to see what steps need to be taken.
From adding a new deck or updating an existing one to having a new liner installed, the concrete acid washed, upgrading to energy efficient equipment or adding a rock waterfall or a hot tub, your swimming pool builders from Town & Country Pools are the go-to professionals for your project needs.
Before you make too many decisions on what you will want to upgrade you will want to talk to your pool contractor to find out what you might NEED to upgrade — they could be two separate items. Prioritize the swimming pool renovation list then put your budget together.
If you’re happy with your swimming pool but want to enhance your outdoor living area, work with the pool builder to construct an outdoor kitchen, build a pergola or upgrade and update the swimming pool deck. An outdoor kitchen can be as elaborate as your indoor kitchen and be complete with refrigerators, sinks, barbeque pits and seating areas. The pergola can house a changing area or could be elaborate enough to allow for overnight guests.
If, like many swimming pool owners you find yourself spending more time outside around the swimming pool than you do inside the house in the summer, it only makes sense to make a pool renovation project part of your 2014 plans.
Is 2014 the year you’re going to take the plunge and dive into swimming pool ownership? (puns intended!) If it is time to fulfill a dream you’ve had to have your own swimming pool, then swimming pool contractors in Virginia offer top ten tips for deciding whether you’re truly ready for pool ownership! Keep in mind that autumn is the ideal time to begin researching a pool project and to even have the project started — as long as you don’t live in an area of the country in which the ground experiences a deep freeze which could make for difficulties in excavation.
The swimming pool builders from Town & Country Pools have put together a top ten list of why you need a pool for your family and here they are:
- It’s a gift that keeps on giving. Unlike many gifts you give your family, a swimming pool is one that gives back year after year and offers unprecedented family bonding time.
- Relaxation is a priority in your life. There is no better place to relax and unwind than by swimming or spending time floating on a raft in your very own swimming pool.
- It’s a great place to read while rejuvenating. Anyone who owns a swimming pool will tell you that sitting in a comfortable chair next to the swimming pool offers a taste of serenity you just can’t get anywhere else.
- You want a perfect tan. Having immediate access to a swimming pool in your backyard means you can rest, relax and get a beautiful tan.
- A swimming pool balances your life. When you come home from a long day at work or school, there’s nothing quite as inviting as a dip in the swimming pool. You can either relax or swim laps as a way to work off the stress of the day.
- Ultimate enjoyment spot. Once you’ve worked with your swimming pool builder to construct the pool of your dreams, you’ll find it quickly becomes the focal part of many family’s lives.
- Enjoyment in your backyard. What are you waiting for? You and your children deserve a swimming pool in your backyard and there is no time like the present.
- Your own personal fashion statement. If you are known for your unique sense of style then having your own swimming pool is one of the largest statements you can make. From the pool design to the landscaping of your outdoor living space, it’s a perfect spot to let your style shine through.
- Every home deserves a swimming pool. It’s a great place to not only relax but to entertain friends and family.
- Accessorize. Accessorize. Accessorize. If you already have a swimming pool but are looking to do something different to upgrade it, consider adding an outdoor kitchen or a pool cabana or a gazebo.
If you already have a swimming pool, this might be the ideal time of year to consider a pool remodel or renovation project — talk with your contractor and ask him what are some “must do” items and then add those to your “want to do” items and see where the project takes you!